- Casual wear has become more popular in the last 20 years, leading to a rise in laid-back style and capsule wardrobes of basics.
- To avoid looking sloppy while dressing casually, focus on buying cohesive pieces around basic styles and three colors, finding great casual shoes, and keeping clothes in good shape.
- Building a core wardrobe of basics with enough variety to avoid boredom can be a challenge, but it's important to avoid cliches like baggy sweats and leggings.
- Fashion Month and designer collections have showcased chic, casual outfits that are fuss-free and easy to replicate, with an emphasis on closet classics, weekend wardrobe, and transitional style staples.
Brunch and BBQ
- Loose-fitting and lightweight fabrics are great options for spring and summer picnics, while heavier fabrics work well for fall and winter picnics.
- Sturdy and comfortable footwear is also important, especially if you plan on partaking in outdoor games or activities.
- Don't be afraid to showcase your personal style with your picnic outfit.
- Whether you opt for a boho, vintage, minimalist, elegant, casual, preppy, sporty, artsy, western-inspired, vibrant, or romantic look, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Consider the occasion and location when choosing your outfit, and don't forget to bring along an emergency stain remover in case of any spills.