Master The Art Of Outfit Formulas: Skirts, Jeans, Dresses, And More
Basic Pieces Every Wardrobe Needs
Mixing and Matching Colors and Patterns
Dressing Up or Dressing Down
Creating Cohesive Outfits with Accessories
- Use jewelry to add pops of color and texture.
- Choose shoes that complement the colors and style of your outfit.
- Add belts to cinch in loose clothing and define your waistline.
- Experiment with hats, scarves, or hair accessories to add depth and interest.
- Consider bags or purses that match or contrast with your outfit for a complete look.
Skirt Outfit Formulas for Any Occasion
|Casual Day Out
|Denim Mini Skirt
|Work Meeting/ Interview
|Midi Pencil Skirt
|Blouse or Button-Down Shirt
|Heels or Loafers
|High-Waisted Maxi Skirt
|Crop Top or Camisole
|Strappy Heels or Wedges
|Floral A-Link Skirt
|Solid Color Blouse
|Dressy Sandals or Nude Pumps
|Midi A-Link Skirt
Finding the Perfect Pair of Jeans
Building Outfits Around Your Favorite Denim
Dressing Up or Down with Dresses
Layering for Comfort and Style
Transitional Outfits for Changing Seasons
- Invest in lightweight jackets or cardigans that can easily be layered over a t-shirt or dress. This will allow you to add an extra layer when it's chilly in the morning or evening, but still have the option to remove it if the temperature rises throughout the day.
- Choose neutral colors and classic styles for your transitional pieces so they can easily be paired with other items in your wardrobe. Think black, white, beige, and denim - these colors never go out of style and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- 3Don't forget about accessories! Scarves, hats, and statement jewelry can add interest to any outfit while also serving a practical purpose by keeping you warm on cooler days. Plus, accessories are an easy way to switch up your look without having to buy entirely new pieces for each season.
Business Casual Attire for the Workplace
Dressing for Special Events and Occasions
- Black-tie events: Opt for formal evening wear such as a full-length gown or a tuxedo. Avoid anything too revealing or casual.
- Weddings: Follow the dress code specified on the invitation, usually either semi-formal or formal attire. Avoid wearing white, which is typically reserved for the bride.
- Cocktail parties: Dressy but not overly formal attire such as a cocktail dress or suit and tie is appropriate. Avoid jeans or sneakers.
Travel-Friendly Outfits for Comfort and Style
Tips for Experimenting and Finding Your Own Style
|Possible Outfit Ideas
|A tailored blazer over a statement blouse paired with high-waisted trousers
|A flowy midi skirt with polka dots or floral print paired with a graphic tee
|Leather jacket over a band t-shirt paired with distressed denim shorts
|Monochromatic outfit in shades of beige or gray paired with sleek accessories
|A fitted blazer over a silk blouse paired with high-waisted trousers and pointed-toe heels